Friday, October 30, 2009
Thanks Hollie for this wonderful award!!
The rules are to pass it on to 5 people and then answer the questions in one word!
Here are the questions:
1. Where is your cell phone? gone
2. Your hair? wet
3. Your mother? strong
4. Your father? supportive
5. Your favorite food? taters
6. Your dream last night? weird
7. Your favorite drink? diet coke (sorry not one word but it's my fav!)
8. Your dream/goal? happiness
9. What room are you in? office
10. Your hobby? scrapbooking
11. Your fear? fire
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
13. Where were you last night? home
14. Something that you aren't? unhappy
15. Muffins? yum!
16. Wish list item? cuttlebug
17. Where did you grow up? WI
18. Last thing you did? sneeze
19. What are you wearing? earrings
20. Your TV? square
21. Your Pets? wrigley
22. Friends? crazy
23. Your life? wonderful
24. Your mood? happy
25. Missing Someone? nope
26. vehicle? dodge
27. Something your not wearing? sombrero
28. Your favorite store? archiver's
29. Your favorite color? pink
30. When was the last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? tuesday
32. Your best friend? husband
33. One place that I go to over and over? bathroom
34. Facebook? no
35. Favorite place to eat? kitchen
Okay I'm breaking the rules a bit because I only have 4 followers and since Hollie is one of them, I'm only passing this on to 3 people.
If you get a chance check out these ooberly talented ladies! Thanks again Hollie!!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
ScrapFIT posted their next challenge, and boy was this a tough one for me. The challenge is:
1. Use black or white cardstock....check
2. No more then 2 black/white patterned papers....check
3. Some form of distressing....double check
4. Black and white photo.......got it
5. The word "memories" on your LO.....hide it
I used Bazzill White Diamond cardstock and a b/w photo from my wedding. It's a pic of me and the 'Tall' groomsmen from our wedding. Giving me the title Tall Memories, which is sort of hidden inside of the flower. I cut this flower out from the Storybook cartridge and liked it so much that I painted it on a piece of black cardstock with white acrylic paint...creating my second piece of patterned paper. The black cardstock was then distressed and torn. If you get a chance check out ScrapFIT they have some amazingly talented ladies there. Thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Here is the page I made for Unscripted Sketches challenge this week. As soon as I saw this sketch I knew exactly what picture I was going to use. It's a picture of my daughter Abigail sitting in the pool for the first time. She didn't get many chances to do that, seeing as how here in Wisconsin we barely even had a summer. This was a hard page to photograph because the paper is so glittery which kept giving me a glare (have to keep that in mind for next time I buy glittery paper lol). If you get a chance go and check out Unscripted Sketches they have so many talented people there. Thanks for stopping by!
I have entered this card into Penny's Challenges this week. Which is to have an autumn themed project that must include trees. And it just so happen that I just made this card! I also am doing the Secret Crafter and there challenge this week is to have autumn colors. If you get a chance come check it out! Thanks for stopping by.
Monday, October 12, 2009
On October 3rd Unscripted Sketches had a blog hop. Which was my very first blog hop....and it was so fun. I really enjoyed seeing all the creative stuff other people are doing. It really got my creative juices flowing.
Marcy had a chance to win a Martha Stewart Punch.....and guess what I won!?!? I was so excited and grateful to win this! It came in the mail on Saturday and right away I went to town playing with it. I finally came up with this card and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. If you get a chance check out her blog The Ardent Scrapper. She is one talented lady. Thanks again Marcy! And thanks for taking a moment to stop by.
It's cold here in Wisconsin....good day to stay inside and make cards! Even though it looks more like winter outside today, I made two fall cards using only scrap paper I had laying around. "Another Birthday" was cut using the Wild Card cartridge. I made this card for my Father-in-law's birthday. And the other card is for my friends 2nd wedding anniversary. I cut the "Love" and corner embellishments from the Storybook cartridge and then added glitter.
Monday, October 5, 2009
I made this for my Step-mom's birthday. I made this to compliment their living room. I put it in a shadow box, but of course forgot to take pictures of the final project:) And it looks a lot prettier in person, this picture just doesn't do it justice. The writing says......
Rules for a Happy Marriage
- Never be angry at the same time.
- Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
- If one of you has to win an argument, let it be the other one.
- Never bring up mistakes from the past.
- Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
- Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
- At least once a day say something kind or complimentary to each other.
- Remember that 'it takes two' for everything, especially love.
I received a plaque with this on it for my bridal shower years ago. And since it was just their one year anniversary the other week I thought it would be a nice gift.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
I got this idea from the Cricut Message boards awhile ago. It took me awhile to save up enough of them to make these hehe! I made one for each of the grandparents, and gave them as gifts for Grandparents Day. I cut the tags using Plantin Schoolbook. Then just added pictures and embellishments. I whole punched the ends and added 1" binder rings then added assorted fibers to the rings. It was a lot of fun to make these and the grandparents enjoyed seeing all the funny pictures. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!